Emdoneni Lodge prides itself on actively welcoming children of all ages. Kids’ activities (for kids older than 4 years old), are well planned and structured and are done by experienced guides who are passionate about kids and nature. Please request prices at reception.
- Drives and activities are tailored to suit children’s interests and attention span.
- Children are allocated to a specific ranger who enjoys interacting with younger guests.
- Game drives and walks are designed to ensure that the kids’ safety is taken into account and that they experience activities they might not normally enjoy in the city.
- Babysitters & child minders are available during meal times only (at an additional cost).
- We try not to use modern technology in our activities offered, but rather to teach children to love nature and what it has to offer!
- Kid’s meals are specially prepared for children.
Special Design Activities On Offer for The Kids (over than 4 years) – please request prices at reception.
Animal Adventure Game Drive:
Learn more about the animals at Emdoneni Lodge with your game ranger. Don’t forget to put sunscreen on and bring a hat! Duration: 1 hour
Kids Night Drive:
Do you want to go and look for nocturnal animals while your parents are having their dinner? Don’t forget to bring a jacket! We might hear and see the resident bush babies! Duration: 1 hour
Guided short afternoon walks with your own ranger, pointing out insects, tracks of animals, trees, vegetation & interesting facts. Be careful not to wake Mum and Dad from their afternoon nap and don’t forget to bring a hat! Duration: 1 hour
Spot the Poop!
Your ranger will help you recognize the different types of animal poop while you go on a poop spotting adventure… this is so much fun! Duration: 1 hour per child
Learn how our ancestors used to find their dinner, by tracking them. Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stargazing at Night:
Trying to find all the magic in the sky! Duration: 1 hour
Educational Bug Scouting:
Teams or individuals scout for different species of bugs to put in their bug containers, with the help of your guide. Duration: 1 hour
Let’s find some interesting frogs, this is going to be fun! Whilst having fun you will also learn a lot about the world of frogging. Duration: 1 hour
Emdoneni Junior Game Ranger Course:
Hey Kids!! Always dreamt of become a Game Ranger? Then this is your chance! Join our qualified guides for a 3 hour training course at Emdoneni Lodge.
You will learn more about:
- Different cat species (Cheetah, African Wildcat, Serval and Caracal)
- Resident animals like antelope, birds, crawling insects and others
- Tree identification
- Animal tracks
Get your very own pack consisting of:
- Canvas backpack
- Note book
This is the course of a lifetime. A certificate will be presented to you, from the guide, after the completion of the course. Come join us and help us to conserve our nature for the future! Duration: 3 hours / Ages: 4-12 years