After waiting for so long for the departure date of your wildlife safari you can finally start to pack.
Follow these tips of what you must pack for your safari.
1. Passport and Travel Documents This seem to be an obvious item to pack. But can you imagine the disaster if you forgot this at home.
2. Camera During a safari you will get ample opportunities to take some extraordinary pictures of wildlife and nature. It is a good idea to invest in a quality camera with a zoom lens. Often the animals are far out in the bush and to get a good close-up you will most definitely need a powerful lense.
3. Binoculars A good pair of binoculars is a necessity on your safari. This is a must have item for game viewing. Many times animals are far away from the safari vehicle.
4. Clothes Packing the right clothes for your safari can make a big difference in how comfortable you will feel. Safari clothes are normally neutral and not bright colours. The days are mostly warm although the mornings can start off cool. Thus it is a good idea to layer your clothing accordingly. It will begin to cool again in the evenings.
5. Shoes Comfortable walking shoes or boots are the best to take with you on your safari. Pack enough socks as well. It might be a good idea to take a pair of sandles to relax in later after having your feet in boots all day.
6. Hat A wide rim sun hat is and essential item for your safari. Pack some sunscreen too as the sun is very hot even during the winter months.
7. Sunglasses Sunglasses are excellent for the blazing sun. It will also keep dust out of your eyes.
8. Swimsuit Many lodges and campsites have swimming pools that you can make use of.
9. Flashlight or headtorch Being in the middle of the bush will be pitch dark at night. Remember a good flashlight or headtorch with enough batteries. This will make walking between tents a lot easier in the dark. A headtorch is best as it leaves your hands free to do other things.
10. Medicine A good idea is to pack a few essential medication items for your trip. Some pain relievers, bandaids, eyedrops, allergy tablets etc.
11. Lightweight jacket Should you go on a gamedrive on an open vehicle it will come in handy to have a warm jacket with you. Some mornings and evenings can be a bit chilly.
12. Most of all- Pack light!! Don’t overdo it when packing for your safari. In this event less is definitely more.
Source credit: www.travellocal.com