From game drives to underwater adventures, the Hluhluwe area has much to offer holiday makers. If you’ve never been, you’re in for a treat. If you have, you’re sure to return again and again.
Of course, as with most holidays, accommodation is a key factor in ensuring you have the best possible time. So, while there are various places to stay in the Hluhluwe area, some are certain to make you feel more at home and more rested than others. Emdoneni Lodge is one such place – warm and inviting with staff who welcome you with a smile and a helping hand, once you’ve stayed at Emdoneni Lodge, we doubt you’ll stay anywhere else in the area.
Here are our top five reasons for staying with us:
- Multi-award winning establishment: African hospitality, excellent service, pristine surrounds, and delicious food are just some of the factors that have resulted in our 3 star establishment winning numerous awards. These include the Trip Advisor’s Traveller’s Choice award and Certificate of Excellence, a Global Award from the Luxury Travel Guide, and Official Nominee in the Hotel of the Year We are very proud of these honours and what they say about how our guests experience Emdoneni!
- Water and lights: The African bush can be an unpredictable and rustic place. But, even in the most natural of surrounds, it’s difficult to get by without water or electricity. Luckily, our guests don’t have to worry about either. Our borehole means we don’t have to worry about water restrictions affecting our basic water needs and our back-up generator ensures that, when load shedding hits, we are never in the dark for long. Unless you want to be!
- Your home away from home: Our intimate and comfortable accommodation is designed to make you feel right at home. Whether you’re enjoying a romantic getaway for two or a family break, we have just the accommodation to suit your needs. And prices to match.
Choose the honeymoon suite or one of our rondavels or chalets for a family stay – all our pristine rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. They are well maintained with best quality beds and beautiful linens.
The surrounding facilities are equally varied and well appointed – take a dip in our swimming pool, watch the stars from the sky deck, or join your party in the boma. And, once you’re settled in and trying out the facilities, enjoy a hearty, homemade meal. You’ll feel like you’re at home, only in a much more relaxed and beautiful space than any city surrounds can offer
And don’t forget our awe-inspiring Cheetah Project! With daily tours and talks, the project cares for and rehabilitates orphaned and injured wild cats. A day at the project is an amazing opportunity that Emdoneni guests treasure.
- Place for the whole family: At Emdoneni, we believe in catering for the whole family and children are most welcome. We offer a wide range of activities for different age groups with a dedicated children’s programme on offer daily, run by experienced guides with a passion for nature and young minds. We also offer special rates for children under 12 who are sharing their parents’ room
- Owner managed and family run: Emdoneni is truly a family affair – owner-managed by Louis and Cecillie Nel and their family for the past 21 years. Emdoneni Lodge is their home and they are always excited about sharing it with guests, old and new.
At Emdoneni Lodge, we pride ourselves on treating our guests like valued family members. Our motto is the Zulu saying “Okhule esikwenzayo kwanele” (Only our best is enough) and we strive to ensure that every guest enjoys a safe, happy, peaceful stay with us. For the Nels, “Emdoneni is a human institution designed to serve people, not just a money making organisation.”
From our lodge staff to our guides to our wedding team, the staff of Emdoneni are an extended family. They are truly passionate about what they do and bring their experience and expertise to bear on all their interactions with our guests.
We are sure that when you stay at Emdoneni Lodge you will not be disappointed! A value-for-money experience, with loads of little luxuries thrown in, once you’ve stayed with us, you will want to return again and again.