Things to do in the Hluhluwe Area
Your options really are endless, but Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project have put a small summary together for your convenience. All you need to do is choose which activities appeal to you and your friends or family and book your next stay with us!
Take an Excursion or enjoy a Day Trip
Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project is situated on a small game farm in the heart of Zululand, South Africa, and is owner managed. Whilst we feel comfortable within our 3 star grading, guests often comment that they experienced 4 star treatment! This is exactly what we want to hear as we pride ourselves in offering superior service to our guests and the sharing of our local knowledge, which enables guests to explore most of Zululand in the time they have available to them. Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project provides a central, comfortable and affordable base, from which to explore the culture of the amaZulu (“Zulus” – the people of the heaven), the great lakes and game parks of Zululand.
The province of KwaZulu-Natal is, in itself, a popular tourist attraction, promising visitors a world of attractions and activities. The Elephant Coast, on which Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project is situated, is also an incredible hotspot for nature-lovers to enjoy. These idyllic surrounds mean that Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project is perched within close proximity to a number of fun and exciting attractions.
Much of the appeal of the local attractions lies in the fact that this area has such a wide variety of natural habitats, each of which is home to a unique combination of fauna and flora. Those who love birds, predators, insects, amphibians and more, are guaranteed a rewarding time when they visit Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project in Hluhluwe. We cannot wait to assist you planning your day at Emdoneni Lodge and the surrounding Hluhluwe area, the options are endless.
Many of the local attractions are, therefore, game reserves and parks.
Some of the attractions are tailored specifically for families and children, promising fun and action for young and old alike. This makes Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project the perfect place for family vacations, or as a romantic getaway for couples.
The excursions offered at/from Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project for In-house guests only include;
- Open vehicle game drives in Hluhluwe/iMfolozi Game Reserve (3, 6, 8 or 10 hours).
- Cheetah Project.
- Guided walking trails at Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project
- Agriculture experience – visit to pineapple and sugar cane farms
- Deep sea game fishing at Cape Vidal or Sodwana Bay.
- Boat trips at Lake St Lucia on small pontoon vessel which makes it easier for access and up close sightings.
- Zulu cultural experience.
- Reptile Park.
- Cultural Village.
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- Curio shopping.
- Full day St Lucia day tours.
- Horse riding.
- Target shooting.
- Kiddies activities – guided.
- Cape Vidal Snorkel Safari.
- Cape Vidal Sunset Tour.
- Turtle tours at Cape Vidal – not guaranteed.
- Night drive on Eastern Shores, iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
Other Sightseeing Options Nearby:
- Jozini Dam offers excellent tiger fishing, boat trips and game sightings.
- Watch local fishermen or try for your own catch of the day at unspoilt Kosi Bay, Sodwana Bay, Cape Vidal or St Lucia
- Game drives at Mkuze Game Reserve and Eastern Shores